I started my blog because I was and am sick to death of being fat. I want to finally once and for all get on track and stay there. I do not want to be in this same position next year searching for the next diet or fitness solution. I have too many good things coming up that I don't want to be on the sidelines for due to not meeting my goals.
Thinking back through my dieting history I haven't stuck to a diet or exercise program for more than a few weeks, I'm great at starting, but hella bad at continuing, and I'm finally tired of letting myself down. Sometime next year I will be getting married and I do not want to be a fat bride. I've been with him for almost 4 years now and I don't know how many times I've attempted to lose weight. The funny thing is he has managed to lose about 60 lbs. In this same time, and I have to say that is definitely a reason I love him. He has never judged me or made me feel like I needed to lose weight, even though I believe every ounce of the 60 he lost I picked up with interest.
He has supported me on starting every diet I ever have. From my no meat days to my liquid diets. Regardless of how crazy it was if I believed I could do it, he was there to say I could acheive any goal I set. I'll be honest I would have given up on me a long time ago, but he never has. Thats a motivation as well I want this to be the last time I tell him I'm committed to making a healthy change in my life and actually going through with it.
I want to be around to chase my nephews, to hang out with my brother who is also my best friend. I want to do this the right way, I've wasted enough time and it is past time to get right.
My Reasons to Lose Weight:
These are my main motivations, I love my family and I want to be around for them as long as possible.
2. I want to be healthier.
3. I want to shop at any store I choose and not worry about whats the highest size they carry.
4. I would like to go to Vicky's and buy more than just perfume and lotions.
5. So that I don't end back in the hospital for another gallbladder attack.
6. So that I can reduce high blood pressure.
7. I don't want to get Type 2 diabetes.
8. I want to be a healthy bride and mother eventually.
9. I don't want to be a stereotype.
10. Eventually I want to become a dietician, I have to practice what I preach.
11. I want to finally accomplish something that I set a goal for.
12. I want to be a strong black woman.
13. I want to inspire and motivate other people in my family.
14. I want more confidence in myself and my abilities.
15. Better sex life. :) Pretty great already but can always be improved on.
16. More stamina and endurance.
17. I want to be able to complete at least 25 men's pushups.
18. I will feel better.
19. So that I will be more outgoing.
20. Mostly because I want to be the best me that I can be in all ways, and it will start with getting myself on track. I do not want it to come to medical intervention to lose weight, I've considered the gastric bypass surgery, and no offense to anyone the chose that, everyone is different, but for me its not an option I can respect myself for making. I've seen too many women my size and bigger who lost weight the old fashioned way to take what I would consider the easy way out. Beyond that I've also seen quite a few people who had the surgery and didn't fix the underlying problems for the weight and end up the same size or bigger after surgery.I want my success to be my own, something I sweated, sacrificed, and cried for.
My concentration for the next year is taking the time to lose weight and exercise the right way, no quick fix diets, detoxes, fasts, low carb crazes. Simply counting calories and exercising.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.3