Sunday, November 14, 2010

Kitchen Beautician Pt. 1

I've been struggling with the decision of whether or not I wanted to go natural. Honestly though I can see the benefits of natural hair for me relaxed hair just works better. Beyond that a BC is definitely out of the question and I honestly don't believe I have the patience to long term transition.

Since I can't go natural with my hair I am going to try an all natural approach to my hair products.My hair does best when its simple, and its just a pain to search through all the products and figure out what doesn't have mineral oils, petrolatum, sulfates, and all the other whatnots thats bad for my hair and skin. So I'll be adding blogs that use natural ingredients and more than likely will be homemade.

:) Losing weight is making me want to get all parts of me to its best.

Avocado-Banana Facial/Hair Mask

Avocados are a hair growth stimulant, chockful of vitamins that are easily absorbed into the hair. Bananas are the same.Eggs make a great protein treatment, and coconut milk doubles as a protein as well.

In my mask I used:

1/2 Kiwi
1/2 Avocado
1 Banana
Few squeezes of honey.
Few squeezes of castor oil.
Small amount of cinnamon.
1 Egg
1/4 cup Coconut milk



Mix all ingredients together in blender and blend to a thick consistency.




Apply to face and hair. Leave on for 20 mins. Rinse off.

Tada! Clean, smoother skin and lovely hair, even though I look like a green monster waiting the benefits are worth it.




Definitely trying this again and the above recipe is enough for two applications, so refrigerate the remaining portion.

Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

No comments:

Post a Comment