Tuesday, January 4, 2011

2011 Goals

I've been putting off making this post for the longest, scrolled through everyones blogs making their resolutions for the new year and I just couldn't bring myself to make mine.

2010 wasn't a good weight loss for year, I had my strong points and I'm proud of them, but I spent far too much of this past year and the years before prepping for,coming off, or restarting a diet.

I started the year at 363 lbs.and a size 28, I weighed in on New Years Day at 331.4 and in most clothes I'm a size 24, seems like I made progress but I really don't feel like it.

I graduated high school in May 2004 and I weighed 332 lbs. That means to me in the last 6 years I've only lost a little more than half a pound, now that is depressing.

I realize I have a problem with diets and food. I love to plan a new diet, to put restrictions on what I can eat and dream about what the outcome of these imposed restrictions will be. I can count calories with the best of them, even calculate point values with my handy calculator. I can give you mosy carb grams, fat grams, hell even protein and fiber mostly just from memory. I've tried nearly every diet from A(Atkins) to Z(Zone) yet, and still I'm fat.

Actually correction I'm obese, I'm 5'4 and 332 lbs. Thats not cute, I can't consider myself thick, chunky.plump, chubby, this ain't baby phat and I ain't getting any younger. I'm sick of being fat and unfortunately I seem to be stuck where I am.





I miss the girl in these pictures, I've never been then but in these I was about 240 lbs. The smallest I've been since I was about 13. I got down by following a low carb diet and actually working out every day, I was working at Subway so I was on my feet all day, moving and lifting boxes and whatnot all day. It didn't take me long to go from 332 to 240. And again I wasn't slim, but I was at a healthy weight for me.

My clothes fit, I didn't have a gut, my skin was clear, eyes bright and I was a happy person. This was quite a workable weight for me.

Currently I'm up 90 lbs from that person and my goal is to reach 225lbs or less. A little over a 100 lbs, once I reach it I'll reassess and decide if I need to lose anything else.

I will be eating lower carbs, mainly using just whole grains,oatmeal, and brown rice.

Some other recommendations I got from my doctor that I'll be implementing:

1. 4-5 water bottles daily.
2. Eat any type of salad (chicken/shrimp/tuna/salmon/beans/etc.) with minimal dressing EVERYDAY!!!
3. Brown rice and oatmeal.
4. No red meat.
5. fruits and veggies.
6. No eating after 8pm.
7. NO FAST FOOD PERIOD.
8. Exercise at least 5x a week.
9. Eat breakfast before 9AM.
10. Keep calories within 1400 to 1600 cals a day.

I'll also be trying to blog on a daily basis, I've noticed I do better when I stay accountable. :)

Happy New Year everyone!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

6 comments:

  1. I'm glad to see you're still hanging in there! The only thing you can really do is keep putting one foot in front of the other. I think it's nice to have a starting image of where you'd at least like to make it to, you can always make adjustments from there. Don't beat yourself up, we all go through it in one way or another. Stand up, dust off your knees, and keep working for what you want! I'm here if you need me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So let me get this right:

    You started 2010 at 363 lbs.

    You started 2011 at 331.4 lbs

    In 2004 you were 332 lbs.

    So since until now you've officially past the weight you were 7 years ago. That's really great progress for 2010 and it shows that you're heading into the right direction in 2011.

    Even if you have another year like the last one, you will have made it into the 200s and even closer to your target goal.

    What I like about your posts is that you're 100% honest about yourself and your experience in losing weight. I really cannot wait to read your blog on a more regular basis because it is not only going to help you but it's also going to be valuable to all of us too.

    I'm going to give you a massive e-hug for 2010 because you deserve it for the amount of effort you've put in.

    Good luck for 2011. We're all in this together and we can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops was meant to write:

    So since the start of 2010 until now...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad to see you're still hanging in there! The only thing you can really do is keep putting one foot in front of the other. I think it's nice to have a starting image of where you'd at least like to make it to, you can always make adjustments from there. Don't beat yourself up, we all go through it in one way or another. Stand up, dust off your knees, and keep working for what you want! I'm here if you need me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You came very close to losing 10% of your body weight and while you're being honest in stating that you can, need, and want to improve, you should feel proud of and congratulate yourself for that accomplishment!!! Research shows that losing even 10% of your body weight has significant benefits to one's overall health. Please take some time out and applaud your efforts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. First let me say that you are heading in the right direction. You lost 30+ pounds last year. Let's celebrate that. Most people that set out last year to loose weight didn't even make it as far as you have. So CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! As far as your new ideas about what to do those sound great. One thing that I have learned is that diets don't work. Because they give you the mind set of a temporary fix that you can abandon once you reach your goals. I am currently on my weight loss journey just starting out so I know your pain. Make this a life change and not just a diet (temporary change). You can do it!

    I am cronicling my weight loss as well on my blog. Stop by if you like. Peace and Blessings.

    ReplyDelete