Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Hello Length, Meet Shrinkage

Hair Logs, Week 26

So I did what I set out to do and stretched my relaxer six months. Somewhere around month 3 this stretch turned into a journey into transitioning to natural hair. My regime thus far has been pretty simple, cowash every few days, deep condition with coconut or argan oil, wash once a week with Aphogee and dc, and protect daily with a wig. Last month I added the GHE into my regimen and it seems as if I've nursed my hair back to reasonable health though I've still got a ways to go, this part of my journey is focused on getting and retaining length.

With new growth, especially with extra curly mine it was hard to tell if I actually gained any length the last few months and of course I did a big trim in January so of course that didn't help much.

My last length check in January:



And my current length:



Which also brings me to the title of my blog, good grief I new natural hair had a bit of shrinkage but I only flat ironed half of my hair just to see if it made that big of a difference and it definitely does.

I think I'm grazing SL, and I just started using the Potion last week and have felt good results from it so far and hope that with the summer being the fastest time for growth plan to reach it when I flat iron in August.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.8

No comments:

Post a Comment