Monday, September 5, 2011

Giving It Another Try...

Hello blogger family I'm back once again giving this weight loss thing another try. The last few months have been up and down weight loss wise for me and I'm sad to say that I'm back to 354 lbs. It's hard to type that but there it is. I've got to get back on some sort of plan and the sooner the better. I wish I knew where my motivation was lately but its like I've given up and as a generally optimistic person thats truly not like me.


I have a goal of at least getting out of the 300s by January 1st, 2012, so that
is a goal of 54 lbs by the end of the year. It's doable but I know its going to take a good bit of work on my part.


To get things off to a good start I plan to complete a challenge:







A summary :


The 17 Day Diet Plan

Days 1 – 17 are to “Accelerate” on a low carbohydrate diet that provides around 1200 calories.  Eat unlimited lean meat and no-starch vegetables, two fat-free plain yogurts and two low-sugar fruits, a bit of oil, green tea, and 64 ounces of water a day.  Typical for any low carb diet, fat-burning and fluid loss is favored during those days.

Days 18 – 34 are to “Activate” by calorie cycling (aka calorie shifting or calorie zigzagging), which means that the daily calorie intake cycles and recycles from low to high over the course of several days.  The goal is to trick the metabolism to prevent it from slowing down.  Two servings of whole grains are added to the above to raise the average calorie intake to 1500 a day.   

Days 35 – 51 are to “Achieve” good eating habits that last a lifetime.  This phase is the same as “Activate” except that lean meat is no longer unlimited and more grains and fruit are added, along with an optional serving of alcohol and a 100-calorie snack.  In other words, the low carb diet is 'Out' and a balanced low-calorie diet is 'In' sans the processed food.

Day 52 and on are to “Arrive” at a lifelong eating plan, which is a constant cycling through phases 1, 2 and 3 - until the weekends when you can splurge.  But don’t binge, says Dr. Mike, and if you gain more than 5 pounds, return immediately to phase 2.



I expect to lose about 35 lbs over the next two months which is 10% of my starting weight, then evaluate where I am.


I am in love with the workbook, I must say, each phase is mapped out and I'm the type of person that does best when I have day to day support and this gives me exactly that.




This plan is about 1,200 calories per day, or the minimum recommended calorie level.
Cycle 1 allows an unlimited amount of nonstarchy vegetables and lean protein (including 2 eggs per day, if you have normal cholesterol level), along with limited amounts of fruits, probiotics (such as yogurt), and a little bit of "friendly" fat, such as olive oil or flaxseed oil.
Here is a sample day's plan from Cycle 1:
  • Unlimited lean protein
  • Unlimited nonstarchy vegetables
  • 2 low-sugar fruits
  • 2 probiotics (low-fat yogurt)
  • 1-2 servings of friendly fats
  • Green tea
  • 64 ounces of water



So beginning fresh tomorrow :)


Wish me the best of luck.







I do much better when I'm guided through so this is perfect, it maps out all 90 days and I'll be trying to blog each day along with this. 

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment